Saturday, December 5, 2009

What are these hypnosis experiences?

I have been seeing a hypnotist to help me to overcome my elevator phobia, which is taking more time. Now, my therapist has been using age regression on me. The session started out normal, until she had me to recall the night before when I got lightheaded in the movie theater's bathroom.Then as she counted down to when I had my first panic attack (it was to help me to realize the same feelings when I get into an elevator), I started feeling sick and dizzy and my heart raced. I started to shift on the fouton, but I just laid there. I felt like I relived my first panic attack. I remember most of the session, but at one point it felt like I dozed off and was talking nonsense. Kind of like dreaming and I do not remember what she asked me, but I remember speaking random words that felt like a dream. I was just not there. My eyes also rolled up in my head a few times. Was I in a deep trance? Also what was my first experience when I relived my panic attack?



What are these hypnosis experiences?performing art center



I use Regression Therapy in my practice and have had many clients find relief from phobias, including elevator phobia, as you've described.



The reaction that you experienced was normal from my experience. When I help someone regress I'm attempting to release all of the emotional experience from the situation.



The intent is that by "reliving" the event all of the emotion is allowed to come out and not stay stuck inside of you. This is often very effective.



What are these hypnosis experiences?theatre tickets opera theater



I really enjoyed reading ur Q
It might take a lot of time and effort.
Wow, that sounds really interesting. Did she tape record the sessions? I have never experienced anything like that. Whenever a therapist said they were going to use hypnosis, it never felt like it did anything. But I know of others who had experiences like that. Here is a link to hypnotherapy It might help you. But I would say you were finally hypnotized. If you have questions about it call your therapist, or ask the next time you go.



Christal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish