Saturday, December 5, 2009

Acting Help!?

Ever since I was four years old I wanted to become an actress. I've been told I'm very talented by the directors and audience of the plays I've been in-even when I've been a towns person I've managed to create my own role. Lately, I have been considering starting an acting career. I am a 14 year old female and I live near Chicago. My only experience has been in a few school plays. I hear that you need an agent to audition and acting lessons. However, my family cannot afford lessons and I don't think I can get an agent without lessons. What exactly does an agent do, how much does an agent cost, how do you get one? How do auditions work? Do you need an agent to participate in them? Will an agent accept you without much experience? How do I break it to my parents who would rather I become a doctor or judge? Should I just abandon this dream? Also, the acting I would want to pursue is TV/Film. Theater is good too. Help is much appreciated! Thank you!



Acting Help!?comedy show



You are 14 and entirely too young to abandon a dream. There are some things that you do need. You need someone to take a photograph of you that looks like a head shot. Look at other actors head shots on-line to get an idea. Check out actor's resumes on line as well so that you can make yourself a resume. Just fill in your experience and don't be intimidated if it is only school stuff. You are after all 14. Find the local trade journal for actor. In New York, it's backstage or variety. In Boston we have theater 4-11 and stage source. Let your parents know that this is important to you, and even if they can't pay for lesson they can drive you to auditions. The can watch memorize you monologues and generally be supportive. Remember or know that when you act you are actually getting in touch with yourself as you become a conduit to tell someone else's story. Chicago is a great place to get things going. As as women comedy is a great way to get your foot in the door and there is quite a bit of improv in Chicago. I am going to tell you a secret: if you really want this and you don't give up-- you'll succeed. You are young enough now. kill the doubt, and don't let obstacles or minor failures stop you. Keep asking for help, and keep going.



Acting Help!?greek theater opera theater



For Acting, I would recommend



http://www.hollywoodnorth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish