Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is postponing my studies the right thing to do?

Hi, I'm 21, and totally confused. I have not gone to follege yet, since I spent the last two years in the military. All of my life I have dreamt of becoming a theater actress. This past January I flew to NYC and auditioned to 4 really great acting programs (Juilliard, AADA, Marymount Manhattan and Stella Adler). I was accepted to 3 of them. A few months after getting accepted, I just didn't feel like going. I felt like I needed some free time for soul searching. How bad is it to start school at the age of 22? I am completely confused. Please help. Thanx!



Is postponing my studies the right thing to do?theater



It's not bad to start school late (I didn't get serious about completing my BA until I was 27), but don't expect those programs to wait for you.



Good luck to you!



Is postponing my studies the right thing to do?london theatre opera theater



It is never to late to get an education. If you aren't sure what you want to do, going to college is a good place to figure it out. No telling what you will discover about yourself.
Hi Maya, It is ok if you didn't go to the acting schools, as long as one of them wasn't Julliard, because it is the best there is.



You must have some ability and experience if you got accepted at the other three, although many even highly regarded schools are just after more students to increase their income. It is not too bad to start school at age 22, depending on the school, but you don't have to go to school full time to become an actor. There are better things you could be doing with your time. Again, I except Julliard. So, do you really want to be an actor? If so, I will be glad to help you. Click on my name, read my profile, and ask me anything you want to know about acting and becoming an actor by writing me at my aol address given in my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish