Saturday, December 5, 2009

Benefits of Being an English Teacher/Majoring in English Education at University?

I am considering a career path of teaching English. My two great loves in life are writing and musical theater, and I think that if I cannot make it onto Broadway (my original dream, farfetched I know) then teaching a Higher Honors English class would be wonderful.



So, what are the benefits of being an English teacher or majoring in English education? Any outlooks will be graciously accepted and respected.



-Pelagia



Benefits of Being an English Teacher/Majoring in English Education at University?state theatre



Why don't you major in English and minor in theater? You could have the best of both worlds! Don't count on teaching a "Higher Honors English" class. Those classes go to more experienced teachers.



Benefits of Being an English Teacher/Majoring in English Education at University?theater opera theater



I did the same thing and I felt that it would give me credibility if I ever decided to leave teaching and pursue a career in publishing. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish