Thursday, December 10, 2009

Are Drive-In Theaters completely out?

Okay. It's rare for drive-in theaters being around anymore. My lifetime dream is to reopen a drive-in theatre and show 70's/80's films, mixed with the up to dates. I want it to have an authentic vibe. When I tell this to people, they know for a fact I can do it, but they mention that drive-in theatres are "out". If I were to reopen a vintage drive-in theatre, do you think people would still come?



Are Drive-In Theaters completely out?star theater



they are dying out. who would go to a drive in movie. this is no longer the 1950's any more



Are Drive-In Theaters completely out?extension opera theater



there is one here in Tampa called Fun-Lan drive in. on Hillsborough Avenue
there is one like 15 minutes away from me i go with my b/f and sometimes friends and mom sometimes :)
I would come i think its pretty sweet
That is a great idea. But its hard to tell, if it would be succesful. In my opinion it would do great for a short while then nose dive and you would loose money. The problem is getting people to consistantly come out, which would be pretty difficult considering cars arnt that comfortable, they could rent a movie and watch it at the comforts of home or jsut go to a movie and sit in nice comfy chairs. But if its your dream follow it.
Fantastic idea, what is killing drive-ins is that they are located close to urban centres and the real-estate becomes too valuable to justify the returns a drive-in offers....
i saw a double feature of knocked up and evan almighty in a drive-in



behind me they had oceans 13 and fantastic 4 silver surfer



so they aren't completely out.



i'd come depending on the movie.



good 70-80's movies are batman, the terminator, star wars original trilogy, bettlejuice, the shining.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_act...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish